MCSE SQL Server 2012 Business Intelligence
Enabling Business Intelligence and Reporting Engineers to go beyond the basic mechanics of SQL Server 2012, this course will show students how to design, build and deploy Business Intelligence applications in an enterprise-class environment. Upon completion of this intensive, hands-on course, participants will have the knowledge and skills required to earn the MCSE Business Intelligence qualification and to design world-class BI applications.
Business Intelligence analysts and reporting engineers will gain a complete understanding of using SQL Server 2012 as the foundation for building BI and reporting solutions, backed by a solid appreciation of the technology platform that runs behind the scenes. Reporting engineers and analysts will be particularly interested in learning to query data directly using T-SQL and extending these techniques to build complete Business Intelligence solutions. They will gain a complete understanding of the database system and how to extract the information they need in the most efficient way.
The course is best suited to:
- Business intelligence analysts who need to know more about building BI platforms.
- Reporting engineers who need to know more about extracting the information they need from corporate datstores.
- Systems administrators who will be responsible for configuring, deploying and managing BI systems.
- BI consultants who need to earn an industry-recognised qualification.
- Individuals wanting to facilitate a career-change.
Combining instructor led videos with self-study resources, the MCSE SQL Server 2012 Business Intelligence course is delivered online, so that contents are available anyplace anytime as required. A built-in social networking platform also allows participants to ask questions and share knowledge and experience with their peers, providing additional opportunities for learning.
By completing this course students will not only fully understand the concepts behind Microsoft SQL Server 2012, but also develop the skills needed to build BI applications that deliver the information and insights demanded in a real world environment. They will also be ready to sit and pass the MCSE SQL Server 2012 Business Intelligence exam.
Key learning points
Completing the five modules included in this course will help BI analysts and report engineers develop all the skills and knowledge required to pass the MCSE Business Intelligence exams and prepare them for a successful career in data modelling and reporting. The first three modules take them through the basic and advanced SQL server concepts to ensure that they fully understand the database infrastructure that will underpin their BI systems.
Continuing towards BI mastery, the fourth module covers building and implementing advanced multi-dimensional data models:
- How to work with large datasets across multiple platforms as is common in most modern BI applications and reports.
- Building Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) cubes and supporting structures such as pivot tables, PowerPivot solutions and Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) to deliver information quickly and efficiently to analysts.
- Choosing between the Unified Dimensional Model (UDM) and Business Intelligence Semantic models according to specific business data and reporting needs.
- Developing complex SQL queries to mine multiple datasets and building reports using Crescent.
The final module will help Business Information architects apply and extend the content of the previous lessons to build BI solutions that extract additional value from corporate data and provide a platform for future expansion by:
- Designing BI solutions that meet current and future performance and scalability needs.
- Using Excel Services and Sharepoint Reporting integration to allow for improved data analysis and integration with other line of business applications.
- Designing, deploying and managing SSIS packages to extend BI application functionality and expose more data for reporting and modelling.
Business Intelligence analysts will also study the SQL Server 2012 fundamentals needed to design and build data warehousing and reporting solutions that meet the changing information needs of a growing enterprise. From querying and manipulating data using T-SQL, to deploying and managing SQL Server in a clustered, data warehouse scenario, students will have a full understanding of how the platform works too.
Advantages of this course
Web-accessible course materials allow BI engineers to follow the course at their own pace, in their own time. The MCSE SQL Server 2012 Business Intelligence course is essential for data engineers and BI analysts, delivering:
- A solid understanding of how to query SQL Server 2012 datasets and extract BI data.
- Build queries and views for advanced reporting and data export.
- All the training and resources needed to prepare for the MCSA SQL Server 2012 and MCSE Business Intelligence exams.
- The opportunity to develop real-world skills to back up database and Business Intelligence application design theory.
- Full understanding of the install, configuration and maintenance procedures required to deliver optimum performance and reliability for BI applications.
- In-depth understanding of BI principles and how to engineer suitable systems using Microsoft technologies.
- Master the techniques required to query and manipulate data using T-SQL.
- Construct, deploy and manage an advanced SQL Server 2012 data warehouse with BI-focused applications and services.
The MCSE SQL Server 2012 and Business Intelligence course is essential for IT professionals who want to improve their database and BI design and reporting skills, or to gain the knowledge and experience required to pass their MCSA and MCSE exams.
Students can expect to boost their job prospects and employability as they acquire new expert-level skills and experience in both SQL Server 2012 and its use for Business Intelligence applications and reporting.
Microsoft 70-461: Querying SQL Server 2012
Microsoft 70-462: Administering SQL Server 2012 Databases
Microsoft 70-463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with SQL Server 2012
MS 70-466: Implementing Data Models & Reports with SQL Server 2012
Introduction To Business Intelligence And Data Modeling
Implementing Reports The SQL Server Reporting Services
Supporting Self Service Reporting
Managing Report Execution And Delivery
Creating Multidimensional Databases
Working With Cubes And Dimensions
Working With Measures And Measure Groups
Introduction To MDX
Customizing Cube Functionality
Implementing A Tabular Data Model
Introduction To DAX
Implementing An Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
SQL Analysis Services
Creating Data Visualizations With Power View
Supporting Self Service Reporting
Performing Predictive Analysis With Data Mining
Microsoft 70-467: Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with SQL Server 2012
Intro To Business Intelligence
Business Intelligence Development
Business Intelligence Results
Advanced Reporting And Development
SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
SQL Server 2014 New Features
Course Review And Exam Prep
Special Offer Pricing
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above
CompatibilityWindows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android